- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns [and those of our partners] more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
First party cookies
First party cookies are those which are set directly by our website. They fall into 3 main categories, ‘strictly necessary’, ‘performance’ and ‘third party’.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are essential to enable our website to work properly.
We anonymously monitor traffic on our website so we can check for usability issues and improve our visitors’ experience.
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
To learn more about the settings, click on the link for your browser:
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.